Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Blasts from the Past











We are continuing to have lots of fun looking through the old home

movies, and today we took 14 more reels to get put on DVD. Seen here first is David and I in 1975, I was about to begin regular pioneering at the ripe age of 16. We had just toured the London Bethel and this is at the pub next door, the Adam and Eve. I thought this was a good one since today is our 31 st wedding anniversary, yeah for theocratic marriage! Then Mum and I at Birmingham Airport around 1963 or so, we were there to welcome cousin Billy who had gone to Ireland for school. Taken that same time I think is Nanna Rose, Poppa's Mum. We have few pics of her so I was thrilled to get this one. This photo is just the way I remember her, when she wasn't arguing with Grandad she was smiling. The last by not least are the original Rose girls, again taken around '63 at Poppa's company annual fair.

We celebrated our anniversary by taking our wedding film to be digitized, then had a splendid lunch at our fav. Italian resturant. David got his gift, a new titanium driver, I will get mine when dishwashers go on sale. Just kidding, I get to pick something out I dont have, that might take a while.

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. You mean to tell me that you still don't have a dish washer!!!! I hope David has dish pan hands ;) Happy Anniversary, what a huge accomplishment...after all, you are married to David ;)Sorry David, Roses for Roses all the way man!

    ReplyDelete